Brian
Brian, Ford Shop Foreman
Experience:  Ford Senior Master certified Tech, 36 years Ford technician.
19733790

WHERE IS OUTPUT SHAFT SPEED SENSOR CIRUIT LOCATED AT.CODE PO720.

Customer Question

WHERE IS OUTPUT SHAFT SPEED SENSOR CIRUIT LOCATED AT.CODE PO720.97 FORD F-150,6CYL
Category: Ford
Expert:  Brian replied 7 years ago.
The output shaft speed sensor is located on the left rear of the transmission, the circuit runs from the sensor to the PCM. I included a picture of the sensor location, yours should be the top left photo, The 4r70w model.graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes,I did change that sensor but my check engin light keeps comming up.
Expert:  Brian replied 7 years ago.
The other possibilties are the wiring, check the connector pins at the sensor, make sure they are not spread open or loose fitting, check the wiring from the sensor real good all the way to the PCM, sometimes the wires rub through on a sharp edge of the trans case or metal bracketing. Also pull the sensor out and make sure the 6 holes or indentations are free of any debris or obstuctions. And then there is alway a possibilty that there is an open circuit in the PCM.
Expert:  Brian replied 7 years ago.
Here are two pgraphicgraphicictures of the oss circuits, depending on your build date of the truck.