SuperBob, Ford Senior Master, Mazda Senior
Experience:  18 years Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Dealer ASE master, diesel certified. Specialize electrical

2005 F250 6.0 Powerstroke 40k miles. Flashing tow-haul light....

2005 F250 6.0 Powerstroke 40k miles. Flashing tow-haul light....but all works and drives fine. Tranny temp gauge reads stone cold. What should I do, what do you think?   [email protected]
HelloCustomer it sounds like your transmission fluid temperature sensor has failed, this may be what is causing the tow/haul light to flash. This light is designed to make the driver aware of transmission faults and to let you know that you have a diagnostic trouble code stored in the transmission control module. If you take your truck to a local auto parts store like auto zone, they may be able to access this module and tell you what the code is, we can then use this code to follow a diagnostic path to find the cause, I suspect the two symptoms are related!