Chuck
Chuck, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  33 Years Experience,Ford Senior Master,ASE Master,L1 Advanced Engine Performance
17659378

2000 ford f150: ext..cab with a factory radio yl3f-18c869-aa..wiring

Customer Question

i have a 2000 ford f150 ext. cab with a factory radio yl3f-18c869-aa
what is the wiring scam. for this radio
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chuck replied 5 years ago.

Are you just wanting a copy of the wiring schematics?

Is this the premium sound system? Or AM/FM cassette?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i gave you the no# XXXXX the radio what is your problem and why can't i get a scam. when

i'm paying you?

Expert:  Chuck replied 5 years ago.

Sorry didn't mean to upset you. Just ask you a simple question? Wiring schematics don't list the part number of the radio.I was simply trying to find out the type radio you had so I would give you the correct one.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

this radio is a cd player,am,fm and came out of a 2000 ford 150 ext. cab

it also has two plugs on the back

the no.# XXXXX are on a lable on the back also made in mexico.

what else do you need?

Expert:  Chuck replied 5 years ago.

Here are the schematics for premium sound system with cd changer. The work shop manual does not give us the part number on radio. Thats why I need to know which system you have.

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no sir this is a head unit only and no cd changer just the player in the deck

if you have an e-mail add. i can send you picks

Expert:  Chuck replied 5 years ago.

Sorry in the shop manual they only list 2 radios am/fm cassette and the premium sound system I sent you. Thats all they have in the 2000 F150 wiring diagrams.

Here is the schematic fro the am/fm cassette and thats all that is listed in this year model.

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what are the wire colors for this model radio?

don't mean to be a hard person but i just can't seem to find the answer's that i

need an answer's to because the elec. is a vital part of this truck.

she now has a blower and a new navigator motor in her and i have just put

4000.00 dollar's in the elec. alone.

what ever you can do i thank you.

Expert:  Chuck replied 5 years ago.

The pics of the connectors I sent you has the wire colors listed next to each pin number. These connectors are correct no matter which radio is in the vehicle.

The wiring didn't change unless some one physically changed it.C225 is the main one.

So you should be able to go by that.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Here is what the shop manual states was available in this vehicle

Audio System

The audio system consists of:

• M1OOULC-AM/FM radio (18K810)
  • M100CMD-AM/FM cassette radio
  • P100i-Premium AM/FM cassette
  • P100iCD-AM/FM cassette/compact disc (18C869) (F250 only)
  • Digital audio compact disc player assembly (18C849)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

you guy's don't get it do you?

i had to use a volt meter to resolve any of my problems.

as far as my question answered (don't think so).

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

you guy's don't get it do you.

your answer's did not help and i had to use a volt meter to resolve

my problems.

Expert:  Chuck replied 5 years ago.

I guess I don't get it.

You ask for the wiring schematics for the radio on a 2000 F150. I gave you Every page available from the ford shop manual on the radio with the pics of the connectors, with wire colors of each pin in the connectors.

I will opt out of this question and maybe one of the other experts can figure out exactly what it is you need.