Steve S
Steve S, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years in Ford Dealership, Certified in: Auto Trans, Diesel Engines, Climate Control, Electrical D

My 2003 Ford Taurus check transaxle light is flashing. My

Customer Question

My 2003 Ford Taurus check transaxle light is flashing. My brother hooked it up to a diagnostic tool. He gets about 10 Torque Converter Electrical Fault codes. Initially the car would not turn over. He purchased a used ECM and had it reprogrammed. The car is now turning over but runs rough and will not automatically shift gears. He unplugged the transmission and the car runs a lot smoother but still will not shift gears. We thought the problem was related to the transmission but a friend of his told him that it was electrically. What electrically could be affecting the torque converter?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve S replied 7 years ago.
Hi thereCustomer Is it EXACTLY the correct PCM part number for this vehicle? The vehicle shifted fine until the PCM replacement? Steve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it would not even turn over before the PCM was replaced. My brother actually found out what the problem was and it is working fine now. I had a missing fuse. The one that connects to the wire that powers the a/c, transmission and O2 sensors.
Expert:  Steve S replied 7 years ago.
Well garced7 I am glad that you got it back on the road. Thanks Steve