Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

how do i change a front wheel bearing on a ford focus 2002

Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 years ago.

Hello Philg,

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask a question.

This is going to take some time or more tools than the basic ones most have. You will need to remove the knuckle, click here for ford steps. Then you will need to use a press to pull the bearing from the knuckle, click here for ford steps.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How do I remove the bolt for the lower ball joint

thanks Philg

It is a nut and bolt, iYou must use a wrnch and I believe its a torx bit on the other side. If you dont have a torx bit then grab the torx bolt head with channel lock or vice grip pliers. Once the nut is removed drive the bolt out with a punch.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have removed the bolt from the ball joint, how do I removed the ball joint from the knuckle.

Thanks Philg

Use some penetrating lube on the ball joint shaft and then a hammer and pry par to pull the joint and ball joint down out of the knuckle while supporting the knuckle up.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have taken the knucle off and have it on the bench, how do i take the bearing out. p.s the hub is still on the knucle.

Thanks Philg

The bearing removal steps are also provided above in my first post in the 2nd PDF file. If you dont have these tools then it may be best to take the knuckle to shop which can get the bearings out.
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.