Tim
Tim, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master tech, ASE certified
9591582

1999 mercury sable: blower motor..connector to resistor, fuses

i have a 1999 mercury sable stationwagon, the blower motor does not work, resistor has been changed, no power to backside of connector to resistor, fuses all fine.

check for power on each side of the blower motor.

Also check the orange/black wire at the resistor to see if there is power there also.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
already checked the power no power to motor, Or/blk wire is not powered either,
already checked fuse panels, all fuses are fine
ok if you do not have power to the motor than check the blower motor relay located in the fuse box under the hood that relay should power the pink/white at the motor. Just swap th erelay and see if th eblower works.If not than pull the relay and see if 2 of the 4 prongs have power at the fuse box.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK I gotta ask which one is the blower motor relay? I do not have my owners manual, and the haynes book i have does not tell me what is there.

OK when looking in the box you will see 2 black square relays in front of 2 rows of mini fuses. the blower relay will be the one between the 2 15 amp fuses and the rectangluar relay.The one next to it that will look identical is the starter relay.You should be able to swap the 2 relays and see if the car wil start and if the blower will work.