fixxer, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  OBD ll Advanced On Board Diagnosis

1995 ford f 150, dual fuel tanks, Know that one fuel pump is

1995 ford f 150, dual fuel tanks, Know that one fuel pump is bad. truck has been sitting in garage for last 11 months. will not start. will start if starting fluid is sprayed it will crank and run until starting fluid runs out. Fuel pump was replaced in one of the tanks about 3 months before truck was stored and was runing good at that time. Will fuel pumps freeze up and not work because of sitting a long period of time and need replacing. Thanks J. B.
Because of some water in fuel and condensation or gas going bad,a fuel pump can go bad from sitting.
Heres what I would do...While someone is turning the engine over,smack the bottom of the tank with a hammer.Sometimes that will wake the pump up.
Give that a try and get back to me.