fordman312009, Ford Technician
Experience:  all ford training done asset grad.

The wrench symbol for the powertrain malfuntion lit up on my

The wrench symbol for the powertrain malfuntion lit up on my dash of my 2007 ford hybrid escape. What does this mean is wrong. I am at least 200 miles from a dealership?

Category: Ford
Expert:  fordman312009 replied 7 years ago.
well it can mean it needs serviced and it can mean theres a problem if you stop and turn the car off and then turn the key to the on position is there a service engine soon light also that lights up and goes out ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
when in the on position the transmission and oil symbols are lit. When I start the car the symbols disappear.
well somtimes the vehicles will have wrench light that means it needs to be serviced and then some have a little engine symbol that means theres a problem is the oil needing to be changed ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I still do not understand what will happen if the powertrain malfunctions prior to me reaching a garage?
i believe the wrench symbol is a maintance reminder and the little engine symbol means somthings wrong
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX learned the symbol is a throttle/powertrain fault. Still not sure what it means. But thanks for the help.

throttle / power train fault ? well if thatsthe case get it to a daler asap because its a electric throttle and if it goes out your stranded and im sorry i couldnt help more usually the wrench is maintance and the engine is service goodluck and thank you