Kyle
Kyle, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford certified - Diesel, gas, electrical, a/c, man trans, diff, suspension. Specialize in Electrical
17932110

How do I program a keyless remote for a 2003 ford windstar

Category: Ford
Expert:  Kyle replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question on just answer. I have posted the procedures below to reprogram a keyless entry transmitter. I hope this helps you with your repair.

Thank you,

Kyle

Please hit accept, otherwise I will not get paid for answering your question.

REMOTE TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING

NOTE:

• All remote transmitters are programmable and must be set at the same time.
  • To program (or reprogram) the remote transmitters into the remote keyless entry (RKE) module, carry out the following steps:
  1. Make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered.
  2. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds , ending in RUN. If the RKE (DDM) module has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and then unlock all doors.
  3. Press any button on a remote transmitter, and the door will lock and then unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter has been programmed.
  4. If the door locks do not respond for any remote transmitter, wait several seconds (not more than 20 seconds ) and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Diagnosis and Testing.
  5. Turn the ignition switch OFF (or wait up to 20 seconds after Step 2) to exit program mode. If a remote transmitter has been programmed (or reprogrammed), the RKE (DDM) will lock and unlock all doors one last time to confirm.