lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.

P0174 System too Lean (Bank 2 what does that mean

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  lostrider replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I think 1998 F150 Pickup V6 almost 100000 The engine light came on after something on the exhaust went and became loud, I hooked up the "decoder" to it and that is what came out On the exhaust there is something that came off and has to be welded back on. I am just not sure what exactly the phrase Lean bank 2 means. Thank you Jane
Expert:  lostrider replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, the Lean means that the air/fuel ratio is out of specs, there is more air in the system than Fuel, its usually caused by vacuum leaks, low fuel pressure or a bad oxygen sensor, it there is an exhaust leak before the 02 sensor that may set the code, recommend repairing the exhaust and clear the code then retest, see if the problem is gone. hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you!!!!!
Expert:  lostrider replied 7 years ago.
your welcome and thank you.