how do i change a pinion seal in a 1997 ford explorer
Hi, below are the steps, thanks
NOTE: The rear wheels and disc brake rotors must be removed to prevent brake drag during drive pinion bearing preload adjustment.
4. Remove the four rear driveshaft bolts and disconnect the driveshaft. Wire the driveshaft aside.
5. Install an inch-pound torque wrench on the pinion nut and record the torque required to maintain rotation of the pinion through several revolutions.
6. Use (B) Companion Flange Holding Tool to hold the (A) rear axle companion flange while removing the (C) pinion nut.
7. Mark the (A) driveshaft rear axle companion flange in relation to the (B) drive pinion stem for proper alignment during installation.
8. Use Differential Side Bearing Puller to remove the rear axle companion flange.
3. Use Companion Flange Replacer to install rear axle companion flange.
4. Position the new pinion nut.
5. Use (B) Companion Flange Holding Tool to hold the (A) rear axle companion flange while tightening the (C) pinion nut.
6. Remove the Companion Flange Holding Tool.
7. Position the rear driveshaft and align the marks on the rear axle companion flange.
8. Install the four rear driveshaft bolts.
9. Install the rear disc brake rotors
3. Install the rear axle companion flange
cancel my account and refund my money
Hi, I will contact a moderator and let them know, have a great day