Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2005 Lincoln LS: Last winter I had some major overheating problems

I have a 2005 Lincoln LS V8. Last winter I had some major overheating problems. During this time a friend of mine was driving my car and it overheated. He kept driving till he got somewhere for help. As he was driving my car started shutting down things to prevent damage. After having the thermostat replaced I noticed that my heater was blazing hot and I had no control of the temperature. I would have to turn the heater on and off to control it. Now that it is summer I have air conditioner problems. When I start my car I have cold air out of the driver vent only. As I drive and my car warms up that air gets warmer. Out of the other three vents is very hot air.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer

The problem you are discribing is in most cases caused by a bad duel coolant heater control valve and replacement is likely going to fix this issue.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just curious out of your expertise, do you think this will be costly to replace? Like over $700
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.
The labor runs 1.2 hours and I do not have the current price on the valve but $700. seem pretty excesive.