Kyle, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford certified - Diesel, gas, electrical, a/c, man trans, diff, suspension. Specialize in Electrical

2002 ford taurus: V6..DOHC..P1506 & said vehicle speed sensor

Customer Question

Have 2002 ford taurus V6 DOHC engine light on. Code showed P1506 & said vehicle speed sensor. Need to know if need to replace or clean & where it is, Etc. Please help with any and all info. needed, like where to get one
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kyle replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for asking your question on just answer. Based on the code provided there is a problem with the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC Valve). You can test this by checking the IAC Valve hoses for damage or restrictions, and also disconnect the IAC Valve connector with the engine running and check to see if the idle changes. If the idle doesn't chenge, then the problem is either the wiring or most likely the IAC Valve itself. You can purchase this valve at most auto parts stores or any Ford Dealership. I hope this helps you with your repair.

Thank You,

Please hit accept, otherwise I will not get paid for answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
where is it located?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
need to know location of Idle Air control valve
Expert:  Kyle replied 7 years ago.
I have posted some pictures below. It is located on the intake manifold just after the throttle body.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Kyle replied 7 years ago.
No problem, glad I could be of service.