Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

i have a p0355 p2104 and p2112 dtcs can anyone help me with

i have a p0355 p2104 and p2112 dtc's can anyone help me with this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2004 ford f150 supercrew fx4. 56000 5.4 the truck is the new style. haven't really tried anything yet.

P0355 means you need to replace the #5 cylinder plug and coil, be very careful doing this since the 04 the first 3 valve engine has a concern where the plugs break off when removeing them.

P2104 and P2112 means you first off need to fix and clear all other codes and if this code comes back then you need to replace the faulty electronic throttle body. Sometimes a fuel system cleaning shown below will help or resolve a throttle body code.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can i just try changing the coil and not the plug? or is it a must to change both as a pair?
It is not a must to replace the plug but normally when a coil is failing it causes the plug to wear out fast thus makeing it faulty as well.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i'm afraid to do it myself with the plugs being prone to breaking. if i have all of them changed at the dealership and something happens is it considered my problem and i have to pay or is there a set price for changeing plugs. is it ok to drive this way or should i have to towed? thanks for your help Chris i'm really going crazy with this. its my daily driver that now sits and i have to drive with the wife.

My dealer charges 3 hours to change the plugs then a hour for each plug which breaks off. Yes it will be your money paying the bill. And these plugs are 20 dollars each. The replacement plugs dont have this breaking issue.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that is crazy. whats to say they tell me they broke a few of them and they really didn't ? the other thing is why is it my problem for Fords stupid design ?? they are supposed to last 100,000 miles right? there is no tsb for these plugs? i don't know Chris that seems like alot of money for something Ford should really be footing the bill for. i was thinking of buying a new f150 or a fusion hybrid but if i get screwed on this i might just have to go the way of another brand.

If the dealership is honest then they should treat you honest. We do not treat customers like what you mentioned but I can speek for others.

I just fix fords, I dont make the rules as to why they dont recall certain defects.

Yes the plugs should last 100k but if this truck were in my driveway I would change them all now before they get really worn and carboned up and even harder to get out.

I cant make up your mind on what to future purchase. I have great luck out of all 8 ford vehicles I have owned and have 2 in the driveway now and if I got a bad one I feel I would still stick with ford since they can apparently run the funds correct and sometimes you get a bad apple but cant weigh all future decisions based on one.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i can tell your a good guy Chris, sorry for venting. i guess i will have to get the coil and see if it runs better and then decide on what to do with the spark plugs. i heard horror stories about having to take the heads off and costing 2 grand. i can't afford that. and i usually do all my tuneups myself to keep the cost down for me. but i don't know if i can stomach the thought of having one break on me. thanks again for your help and i will see what happens tomorrow.

I have had to get out near 100 broken plugs so far on the 04 and 05 model and have never had to replace or remove the head for this. there was one case where I broke one plug and told the customer it would cost another hour and he oddly refused and drove it home like that and attampted it himself. So he decided to drill it out. Then it came towed back in with a large hole where the plug should have been since he drilled it out like a inch in diameter and then cranked the engine while all that metal was on the piston. He then paid for a new engine. 75 more dollars would have been cheaper.

Your welcome and please do hit accept if I have assisted you.