lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.

2001 Ford Ranger XLT: 3.0 v6..the spark plugs wires go..coil pack

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 v6 I was wanting to know how the spark plugs wires go from the coil pack to the plugs I know the firing order i just dont know what order they go in from the coil pack to the plugs?
Category: Ford
Expert:  lostrider replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomerthis is lostrider, here is a diagram of the ignition coil, on the connector side of the coil, From front to rear is 1, 2. 3, on the other side from front to rear is 5, 6, 4, thats the order of the wires on the coil, hope this helps.

Click Accept for the Answer and please leave a FEEDBACK!!!, Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Do you have a diagram of plug wires from the coil pack to the plugs or can u give me like example 1-1, 2-2, or how it would go Thank you

Expert:  lostrider replied 7 years ago.

There is no diagram of the running of the plug wires, but this may be helpful, here is a diagram of the firing order and the cylinder location, bank 1 which is on the passengers side is where #1, #2, #3 cylinders are and on the drivers side is #4, #5, #6 cylinders, the order for the coil is where the plug wires go. If you look closely at the coil, the cylinder numbers are usually printed on the coil by the tower, or between them.