POWERSTROKE
POWERSTROKE, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  FORD DIESEL MASTER CERTIFIED, GAS ENGINE MASTER
6887356

where is the crankshaft position sensor located on a 1996 f150

where is the crankshaft position sensor located on a 1996 f150 5.0 liter v8?
Category: Ford
Expert:  fordman312009 replied 5 years ago.
should be on the bottom front of engine maybe on the sides but it will bee towards the front because it reads off the crankshaft tone ring
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there anyway you could send a picture - i even have a haines manual and i cannot find where the sensor goes - i need the exact placement can you help me
what size engine do you have ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
engine size is 5.0 i have the new part - the haines manual - i'm usually good at this stuff - but no luck finding where it goes - i did not take the old one off.
hey im looking through the ford book and i am not even seeing the the 5.0 even has a crankshaft sensor i have never replaced one myself but the book doesnt even show one so if it does have one its going to have to be at the bottom near the front because it will have to read off the teeth off the shaft so im kinda puzzled here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
fordman- the engine code 0320 is what tells me this sensor needs to be replaced is there a diagram in the ford book?

i cant find it in the book so im going to opt out and let another expert help you im sorry

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for trying -
Expert:  POWERSTROKE replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer/p>

The 5.0 uses a pickup in the distributor to sense the crankshaft. You will need to remove the distributor and then remove the gear from the bottom. Next you will have to press the shaft out to replace the sensor. If you look in your manual under distributorr it will show you how.

POWERSTROKE, Ford Mechanic
Experience: FORD DIESEL MASTER CERTIFIED, GAS ENGINE MASTER