Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.
Experience:  30 years with Ford dealers

How to replace axle pivot bushings on a 1995 ford f250

Category: Ford
Expert:  Scottdagoalie replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Here are the directions on how to replace your axle pivot bushings.You will need the special tools or equivalent.

1995 Bronco/F-Series

Axle Housing Pivot Bushing (IFS Front Drive Axle)

Description Tool Number
Suspension Bushing Service Set T78P-5638-A
Front Suspension Bushing Tool T80T-5638-A

1. Remove axle. Refer to Dana Four-Wheel Drive Front Drive Axle Removal and Installation in this section.
  1. Install Suspension Bushing Service Set T78P-5638-A1, Bushing Remover T80T-5638-A1 and Receiver Cup T78P-5638-A3 onto the pivot bushing. Turn the forcing screw and remove the pivot bushing.

1. Place pivot bushing in axle housing. Install Receiver Cup T78P-5638-A2, Forcing Screw T78P-5638-A1 and Bushing Replacer T80T-5638-A2 into housing and install bushing.
  1. Install the axle as described in this section under Front Driving Axle Installation.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
These are the 2-bushings that the front axles pivot on the frame at the center of the truck, correct? For A Ford F250 4-whl with 7.3L Diesel automatic with split axle.
Yes,the directions are the same for the heavy duty as they are for the light duty.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can I take off the u-bolts holding the front axles only, to allow me to get at the bushings. I already have the inner and outter tie rods off
Yes you can remove the u-bolts.You should install new bolts whenever they are removed.