lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.

I have p code p0193 fuel pressure sensor high input

I have p code p0193 fuel pressure sensor high input. What does that really mean, Do i have to just change the sensor or is there real problem ?
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry! It is a 2004 explorer xlt 4.0 ( vin e ) 6 cylinder with 61k miles
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you guys there ? It is a 2004 explorer xlt 4.0 ( vin e ) 6 cylinder with 61k miles. I have had no driveability issues , just a code.

The P0193 is for the sensor out of range, there could be other concerns with the fuel system causing this concern, the sensor may be bad, the fuel pump could be malfunctioning and there is what they call the fuel pump driver module that controls the fuel system,that can cause the code, there is a series of test that has to be done to determine the failed component and there are also special tools required to perform the test, the scan equipment needs to be able to monitor sensors and turn them on and off, this is not an easy code to repair without doing the testing, wish I could give you better news, but there is a potential for the vehicle to leave you stranded. it really needs to be properly diagnosed and repaired.hope this helps.

Click ACCEPT for the Answer and please leave a FEEDBACK!!!, Thank you.