ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Fords. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

I have a 2003 Ford Escort ZX2, I need a serpentine belt diagram.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford Escort ZX2, I need a serpentine belt diagram. I have checked every parts place in town (2 towns over too,) can y'all send me the diagram so I can get it fixed?"
Category: Ford
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 7 years ago.
Hi, thanks for asking..

Here is your diagram:

Hope it helps!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yeah ive got it on there right the tensioner just wont let off enuff to get it all the way on, ill try again tomorrow maybe the tensioner tool just ran out of leverage, was trying to do it on the advance auto parking lot with no tools, had it towed home where i have plenty tools, ill get it bak right tomorrow, just wanted to make sure i had it rite, hopefully its not the tensioner going bad and freezing up or something! thanks for your help!

Yeah, hopefully it is the right size belt, too.. .
As far as putting it on, All I can say to try make it easier is thread it around all the pulleys but the power steering pump, and then lift the belt over that pulley when you pull on the tensioner..
Sometimes it is better to have 2 people though, so 1 can work from the top, and the other can work form the bottom.

Don't worry about the tensioner though, if it were a problem with that, the belt would be loose, or you will hear squealing when you get the new belt on.