Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.

2002 ford taurus sel: door ajar..stays..interior lights..blows hot air

Customer Question

I have a 2002 ford taurus sel. The door ajar lights stays on after the doors close, when this happens the interior lights will not work. Also I have the electronis temp control ac/heating unit and sometimes the ac will not work, just blows hot air. I have had th eblower door replaced twice. according to the owners manuel these items are all on th esame fuse.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to

The door ajar and interior light problem is caused by a sticking dor ajar switch in one of the door latches. This will be difficult to diagnose without the Ford scan tool so what you can so is spray WD 40 inside the door latches and close/open the door 20 times. This will usually free up a stuck switch. For the a/c problem first run the self test on the system to see if you have a problem with the temp blend door motor. Press and hold the OFF and FLOOR buttons at the same time then release both and hit the AUTO button. You may see a code 24 or 25 diplayed in the panel.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Richard was right on with his answer on the door switch. I t took me five minutes to corredt the problem. I still have not tried to correct problem two, but the wife has not complained about the a/c either. Hope to look at that this weekend when the car is home for a few minutes.

Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.
I am glad to see you got that problem fixed. Thanks for the accept and for using