Steve S
Steve S, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years in Ford Dealership, Certified in: Auto Trans, Diesel Engines, Climate Control, Electrical D

ford windstar: 2001 wont start..antitheft..flashing..start condition

My ford windstar 2001 won't start. Antitheft light is flashing. Believe it is the passive system creating a no start condition. What can I do? I have tried the other key set I have and nothing is working.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve S replied 7 years ago.
Hi thereCustomer Unfortunetly there is not much that you can do at home with this system. If the lamp continues to flash when you are trying to start the vehicle then yes there is something wrong with the PATS system. But like most things on these vehicles today you cannot access the system without a scan tool. There is no way to bypass the security system either, that is why it is a good system(except for right now) It could be something wrong with the transeiver, module, wiring etc. But like I said there is really nothing that you could do at hoem so unfortunetly it will most likelt have to go to the dealer. Thanks Sorry Steve