Fordanswerman, Ford Motor Company Certified Tech
Experience:  Ford Engine Master/Transmission Master/Chassis Master=Ford Senior Master also Diesel 7.3/6.0

2002 ford explorer: wont..can i fix this

Customer Question

my 2002 ford explorer wont play or eject cds, say's cd error . How can i fix this ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fordanswerman replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

You can try unplugging the battery for 15 minutes or so and try it again. If this doesn't work, you will need to go to the dealer and see if they have a unit to swap with yours. This is internal to the radio, and we have to send ours out to get repaired by an authorized Ford radio repair place out of Salt Lake City.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
alreadt did that thanks anyway

Ok, you could maybe try to remove the radio, and open it up and manually take out the cd's. One of the cd's might be causing the issue, but most of the ones I have done, it was something more than that and had to send off to the radio shop.