Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My truck makes a squealing noise, that sounds like a belt or

Customer Question

My truck makes a squealing noise, that sounds like a belt or something when you get on the throttle. When I'm going down a hill and off the throttle the truck is quite. The second I tap the gas the squealing noise starts. Its not intermitent, the sound is always there when im on the gas
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The truck is a 2005 F-250 super duty extended cab with a 6.0 L powerstroke. It has 59500 Miles on it. I had someone rev the engine a little, while I stood at the front with the hood open listening from where the sound was coming from, but it was hard to identify over the sound of the engine. I also inspected the belt for wear and it seemed to be in good shape. It seemed like the belt could afford to be a little tighter when i pulled on it.

Hello RGselecttech,

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask a question.

Do this. Spray that belt with a little water during the time its makeing the noise and see if it changes the sound of the noise if it does not then I believe the belt is not the source but a intercooler leak or intercooler hose leak or a concern with the turbo fins being sooted up and not adjusting by way of the solenoid. This would cause the turbo to make to much boost and whistle. Also look for exhaust leaks from the manifolds at the heads or rear of the turbo or after the turbo.