Scottdagoalie
Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.
Experience:  30 years with Ford dealers
13762030

1999 Lincoln town car: airconditioning..heat coming..the blower

My heat and airconditioning in my 1999 Lincoln town car doesn't work. It feels like there is heat coming out of the defrosters, but the blower isn't working at all.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Do you have any display on your Temperature control?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes I do have display on my temp control, clock and radio. The light for the blower showing the power is also displayed.
The first step of this diagnosis is to check for power to the blower motor.Use a test light or a circuit tester to determine if you have power and ground to the motor.The motor is located under the hood on the passenger side. Check at this connector:

graphic

If you have power and ground,then the motor is faulty and will need replacing.
If you have power and no ground,you will need to replace the blower speed controller located to the right of the blower.
If you don't have power,you will need to check fuse #2.

Here is a diagram that may help show the cuircuits related.

graphic