Steve S
Steve S, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years in Ford Dealership, Certified in: Auto Trans, Diesel Engines, Climate Control, Electrical D
9447945

How can I bypass the anti theft module in my 1998 ford mustang

Customer Question

how can I bypass the anti theft module in my 1998 ford mustang
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve S replied 7 years ago.
Hi there bigbuck. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no way to bypass this system and still have the car run. This system is integrated into the modules so it cannot be bypassed, therefore a good security system. Are you having trouble with yours? Steve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am havin the theft light blink on me and the car will turn over but not start if I unplug the batery for 30 minutes and re-conect it will go away for a couple starts , do I just need to replace the module and is it located in the leftside of the trunk

Expert:  Steve S replied 7 years ago.
I cannot tell you that it is the module that is at fault here. There are many other factors like the transceiver located around the ignition cylinder, wiring and yes the module. It does seem feasible that the module could be resetting every time you undo the battery but I have not seen it before. The location of the module is in the trunk on the drivers side behind the trim panel. To do anything like component replacement will require a scan tool that has the capability to get into the security system and also reprogram the keys. Most of the time only a dealer has the capability of doing this unfortunately. The thing that I would suggest is having the security system scanned for its trouble codes first before replacing anything this could prevent useless replacement of expensive parts. Thanks Steve