CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified

How long does it take to replace/repair a power window motor/regulator

How long does it take to replace/repair a power window motor/regulator on a 2003 Ford Focus SE (rear passenger window). I plan on bringing it into Ford dealer under warranty and want to know before getting an answer from them.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

To replace the window motor and regulator in the passanger should take about 1.5 Hours total. If you need any further information, Please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Does it sound like the power regulator/motor if the window sounds like it wants to go down and it doesn't, or if I press the window button down and it just literally drops half way down. Sometimes when I press the button up it will stop about 1-2" short of the top and it needs the assistance of someone pushing up on the glass while I push the power button? It's only that one window having an issue, and no trauma has happened to the door (IE an accident) to make this happen.
Yes it does sound like the regulator is broken. What happenes is the cable either breaks or gets stripped and the motor can no longer turn the cable and move the window up or down.