SuperBob
SuperBob, Ford Senior Master, Mazda Senior
Experience:  18 years Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Dealer ASE master, diesel certified. Specialize electrical
17143921

97 Ford F150: a diagram of where all the hoses go on the motor..v6

Customer Question

Need a diagram of where all the hoses go on the motor. It is a 97 Ford F150 4.2 v6
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.

graphicHose - 4.2L Upper

graphicHose - 4.2L Lower

Coolant Recovery Reservoir

Removal

1. Partially drain the Cooling System; refer to the procedure in this section.
  1. Remove the radiator coolant recovery reservoir hose from the radiator.
    1. Release the hose clamp and slide it away from the hose end.
    1. Slide the radiator coolant recovery reservoir hose off the radiator fitting

graphic

• Disconnect the lower radiator hose from the radiator coolant recovery reservoir.
  •  

graphic

Remove the radiator coolant recovery reservoir.

1. Remove the radiator coolant recovery reservoir bolts.
    1. Remove the radiator coolant recovery reservoir
    2. graphic

Hoses, Heater

• Disconnect the heater outlet hose at the engine.
  • graphic
  • Disconnect the heater inlet hose at the engine.
    1. Loosen the hose clamp.
    1. Disconnect the heater inlet hose.
    2. graphic
    3. Compress the holding tabs and disconnect the heater water hoses at the heater core.
    4. graphic
  • Hello , Here are pics of all of the coolant hoses on your vehicle, I hope your find them useful

Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.
    more to follow
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.
    ItemPart NumberDescription
    1 6A666 Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve (PCV)
    2 6758 Crankcase Ventilation Tube
    3 9J459 EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid
    4 9J433 EGR Transducer
    5 9D475 EGR Valve
    6 9D477 EGR Valve to Exhaust Manifold Tube

graphic

Expert:  Scottdagoalie replied 8 years ago.

Here are some additional hose locations that may help.Let me know if you need more help.

vapor management valve (VMV) hose.

graphic

brake booster vacuum hose

graphic

manifold vacuum connection

graphic

vacuum hoses and linkage from the intake manifold runner control

graphic

fuel pressure regulator vacuum line

graphic

EGR valve vacuum hose.

graphic

Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.
    If these do not cover what you are looking for, get back with me and we will see what we can do! Thx Bob.
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.
    graphicgraphic
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.
    graphic
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.
    graphic
    Customer: replied 8 years ago.
    I need a diagram oh like all the coolent lines and other hoses and where they connect to. I bought the truck and all hoses where disconnected and now I cant figure out where all of them went. Thank you also do you know where the VMV line connects to
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.

I will see if I can get some quality photos for you tomorrow. All the reference data on file has instructions on specific hose ends and not an overall look at the coolant hoses or vapor management valve plumbing

Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.
    looked all over the lot at my dealership today, no 4.2 liters found. As I cannot locate acutal photo's online, I will look for any customer vehicles that come in tomorrow!
    Customer: replied 8 years ago.
    ok thank you
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.

Once again, no luck! What is the story here, did you buy this truck during a major repair,or did somebody vandalize it? I am still seaching for some quality pics, don't give up!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
    i bought the truck when the guy was trying to replace the motor. he decided to give up and i got stuck with the project. anything at this point in time will help me out. just want to get it finished. thank you for all your help
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.
    Do you have the ability to send some quality pic of what you are dealing with, maybe I can walk you through some things, based on what I can see!
    Customer: replied 8 years ago.
    ok ya i can do that i wont be at the truck until friday or saturday night but i will send the pictures. thank you for all the help
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 8 years ago.
    your welcome, I am still monitoring customer trucks that come in my shop looking for the same engine, and I will take extensive photos also if we get one!
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    i dont know how to upload pictures on here for you to see what i am dealing with
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 7 years ago.
    graphic
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    ok thank you tommorow after work when its light out i will get those pictures. thank you for your help
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    Ok here is one of the ones I cant figure out graphic
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    Here is the other and was wandering if you could tell me where the hoses off the pvc valve on the back of the motor run to also plz graphic
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 7 years ago.

graphicgraphic

The intake air tube connects the air filter housing to the engine.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    graphic yellow runs to yellow dont know where blue runs to. for the pvc valve that plugs to rocker on valve cover but has 2 hoses off of it. and for the hose you said runs to air intake, air intake is already installed and pluged in so i have no clue what that plugs into. thinking maybe pvc hose. as for this one in the picture not sure where it goes
    Expert:  SuperBob replied 7 years ago.
    If you could get a little farthur back I cannot seem to get oriented as to where in the engine compartment the picture is and what angle you are shooting from.