rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My crown victoria wont turn over what is the problem with it.

my crown victoria won't turn over what is the problem with it.

HiCustomer

If you're saying it won't CRANK at all, I would test the battery, starter and cables. If you're saying it cranks but just won't start, I would check for a strong blue spark at the plugs while cranking it. I would also try starting fluid to see if it tries to start, and if it does, then I would test the fuel pressure and volume with a guage.

Thanks in advance for your ACCEPT and POSITIVE feedback,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i tried all those thing's and it still won't start i just replaced the fuel pump.the alarm lightstay's on could that be the problem

Yep, that would be why. Now you will need the owners manual to tell you how to reset your system. Sometimes just by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes will do it.

Thanks again in advance for your ACCEPT,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
that was tried also and the reset button won't go down if your talking about the fuel pump reset button i was told it could be thatte computer under the dash might need to be reprogrammed is that a possibilty

Yes sir, if all those other things have already been done, that's all that's left. I can still help you even after you have hit the ACCEPT button too.

Thanks again,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thank's ron i'm going to try those thing's again but could you give me those thing's to try again.

You mean these?

test the battery, starter and cables. If you're saying it cranks but just won't start, I would check for a strong blue spark at the plugs while cranking it. I would also try starting fluid to see if it tries to start, and if it does, then I would test the fuel pressure and volume with a guage.

Thanks again,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if my wiring harness that goes to the fuel pump relay caught fire will that be a reason for it not turning over or not cranking.

Oh Man, you can't keep secrets from me:) lol. Yes, that could do it if fuel is the problem.

Thanks again,