chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

2006 Ford Focus: keeps blowing..the parking lamp..10 amp..power locks

My 2006 Ford Focus keeps blowing the parking lamp fuse(#30, 10 amp) andthe fuse for the power locks located on the back of the cb panel. Is there a common area where this model develops a short? How can I find a short in the system.

Hi there ,,,

the fuse on the back of the fuse panel for the power door locks ,,is only for the power door locks and what I have seen is there is one door that has a bad power door lock actuator in it and causing the fuse to short out ,,so when you replace the fuse and then operate the power door locks ,,,does one of the door locks not work ,,,or is very noisy ,,if so ,,then this is the power door lock that has the short

as for the fuse #30 ---for the parking lamps ---there are no known problems for this ,,, but take a look at the license plate bulbs ,,this is the place I would start ,,they tend to get water in them and get corded and could cause this short ,, other then that do a visual inspection of all the parking lamps and see if the bulbs and wireing are still there and did not pop out of place

tell me what you find,,,we can go back and forth on this page

Chris