Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Can my 2001 Ford Ranger leak coolant from where the timing

Can my 2001 Ford Ranger leak coolant from where the timing belt cover connects to the water pump ?
which motor?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's a 3.0 6 cyl
You sure its just not the water pump gasket
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi John, The guys I took it to say it's the timing chain cover that's keaking coolant. I thought it was the water pump also but I can see green coolant coming out.

Hello Customer

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask a question.

Since it has been verified to be coming from the front cover then its likely on the water outlet holes on either side of the cam gear. You will need to remove the front cover and reseal it. While there I would go ahead and install a new pump since there pretty cheap and your close enough to it.

Click here for a ford PDF file on replaceing it.

I hope you found my answer helpful, in the case you did please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button shown on your screen. This is necessary so I get paid and receive credit for my work. Your question will not close after an accept, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional comments to add, then please do so, Take note in many cases I am not informed or aware of your skills or knowledge or what has been done in the past unless you tell me. I am providing my best answer based on what you have written, and sometimes there is a misunderstanding which a reply can resolve. Be courteous in understanding I did not build the vehicle or have any relations in its design or any control over past repairs, so please don't hold me accountable for the failure you have experienced.

If you reply and I have not gotten back with you then please understand I may be helping others or off to work or bed, I will get back with you as soon as I can.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 years experience