Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2007 F150: radio and everything works.....the solenoid was clicking

My 2007 F150 will not turn over. Battery is charged, lights, radio and everything works.....the solenoid was clicking now nothing. Started this morning but was aslow turning over.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Considering it was slow starting this morning your battery has most likely failed or the starter. Turn on your lights while trying to start, if lights go out or get really dim you have a battery problem. If not, your starter has failed. You can activate the solenoid by supplying power to the small wire on the the solenoid. If it doesnt start try to jump the two large terminals together to bypass the solenoid. This will let you determine what your problem is. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is the solenoid on a 2007 F150 easy to get to? I have a 1968 F100 and the solenoid is right out in the open.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.

The solenoid is under the vehicle on the starter. Here is a picture.