CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

Lincoln zephyr: the heated and cooled seats dont work or lite

Customer Question

i have an 06 lincoln zephyr the heated and cooled seats dont work or lite up on the control head, i replaced it with a slightly used unit and it is the same, am i missing something? fuzes ok.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 5 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

There have been a few problems with the Zephyer climate controlled seats. What I would first like you to do is remove fuse's #11-12 in the Battery Junction Block in the engine compartment. This would reset the module. Try the seats after this.

CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks it worked my old unit is probubly ok to

Yes it is. The process I told you is part of a Technical Service Bulliten. Since that worked, You will have to have the Dual Climate Control Seat module reprogramed to keep the seats running properly. If you do not, They may stop working again. A dealer will have to reprogram for you. Hope this helps.

Here is the TSB I am talking about:

FORD:2007-2008 Expedition
LINCOLN:2006 Zephyr
2007-2008 MKZ, Navigator

ISSUE:

Some 2007-2008 Expedition and Navigator, 2006 Zephyr and 2007-2008 MKZ vehicles built before 8/31/2007 and equipped with climate control seats may exhibit inoperative heating and/or cooling. There are no diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) associated with this issue and IDS/PDS will not communicate with the dual climate control seat module (DCSM).

ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Turn the ignition switch to key on engine off (KOEO) position.
  2. Run self test on DCSM.
    1. If DTCs are present do not continue with this TSB, follow normal Workshop Manual (WSM) diagnostics for the DTCs.
    2. If no communication with the DCSM, proceed to Step 3.
  3. Remove power to the DCSM and wait a minimum of 2 minutes. This will reset the DCSM.
    • Expedition/Navigator - remove Fuse 8 in the battery junction box (BJB).
    • Zephyr/MKZ - remove Fuse 11 and 12 in the BJB.
  4. Reinstall the fuse(s) and recheck for communication.
    1. If communication does not return, refer to WSM, Section 418-00.
    2. If the communication is restored by resetting:
      1. Expedition/Navigator/2008 MKZ - reprogram the DCSM to the latest calibration using IDS release 51.4 or later with patch 7. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
      2. 2006 Zephyr/2007 MKZ - replace the DCSM.
  5. Recheck operation of the heated/cooled seat and for DTCs. If no DTCs return the vehicle to the customer.