Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

How to remove the rear door panel on 2002 Ford Explorer

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Enclosed are read door panel instructions.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The download is for a 2000 Ford Explorer. I have a 2002 Explorer which does not resemble the diagrams shown.

Oh Im sorry here is the 2002, prettty much the same.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can't remove the door handle bezel. I get the rear portion to pop off, but not the front.
Gently pry out on it, it clips in.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ron, thank you , I got the panel off, and what I am trying to fix is that the window glass had fallen part way down in the door and could not be controlled by the electric window control. I have the window taped in the closed position. Thought once I had the panel off I could see what was broken. In the old days it was just a plastic piece. Anyway, I will accept your answer and will be happen to pay for another question if you can tell me how to fix the window. Anyway, I will surely pay for the first question. Please tell me the best way to do that.

HiCustomer

The common problem on the 2002 was a bad window regulator. I am enclosing instructions for replacement.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ron, the window regulator runs up and down OK while operating the electrical window switch. Do you think it is only the rivet or bolt attaching the window to the regulator that is broken?

It could be but the glass needs to come out to be sure what let loose. Im enclosing glass removal as well.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Ron, seems over my head so better take it to Ford. Thanks again for all your help.
Your very welcome. Thank you very much as well.