Keith Wayne
Keith Wayne, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  16 years in Field. Ford Engine Master, Chassis Master, and Diesel Specialist

Ford f350: you replace inner axle seal..dana..right front

Customer Question

how do you replace inner axle seal on a ford f350 99 with a dana 61. on the right front.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Keith Wayne replied 7 years ago.
Customer Thanks for your question on Just Answer. There is a special too to install the new seals, you have to be creative and resourceful to install the new seal without damage. Also check the ball joints if there is any play you are right there and it would be a good time to replace them also.If the right seal is leaking oil, you might as well replace both seals. Remove the tires and wheels, remove the calipers and brackets. remove the 4-21mm bolts on the hub assemble. It makes it easier if you pop off the tie rod end so you can turn the wheels easily. It needs to be out of the way anyway. remove the hubs and axles. Remove the front differential cover. mark the caps on the carrier for right and left and top and bottom. remove the ring gear and carrier. Pop out the old seals. Install the new ones and reassemble. don't forget to get new dust seals for the outer axles and o-rings for the hub bearing assembly. Thanks in advance for your ACCEPT and FEEDBACK. If I can be f further assistance in this endeavor please let me know. Keith