fordman312009
fordman312009, Ford Technician
Experience:  all ford training done asset grad.
17025784

My 2000 Lincoln LS 3.9 V8 keeps blowing the fuel pump fuse.

Category: Ford
Expert:  fordman312009 replied 7 years ago.
Has anything been replaced yet ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No just replaced the fuse a couple of times. But seems to still be an issue.
Do you know how to remove the rear seat bottom pad ? If you figure it out take it off and there's a access hole to the pump check out the wires for a rub through and if there's not then your pumps shorting out and popping the fuse and it needs replaced I can send you the info you need if you want ? And I'm sending this as my answer but know even after you pay I'm right here ok so if you need anything let me know and pleasÉ provide feedback for me and I will do the same for you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Can you send me any info you would have on the replacing the fuel pump and or or removing the seat and I will accept any answer you send. thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the info, I just sent you an answer and the seat was easy to take off and easy to access the pump and none of the wires look like an issue, do you think I should have a dino done on the electi system or just replace the pump?
Ok go out to ur car and look at the back seats and there's small levers and you just release them and the seat belt in the way look for a tiny hole in it and get a paperclip and put in there and that will release it and then your right there and to remove the top of the pump I use the tool ford provided but a hammer and a flat head screw driver does the same thing just be careful and go slow ok and that's a big secret for the ls a lot of people assume you have to drop the tank but you don't and be careful not to spill fuel inside car cause that's bad and stinky good luck and I'm right here ok. Good luck. And yeah if wires are good then more than likely its the pump