HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

1999 f150: bypass..antitheft..it truns over but wont start theft light

how can i bypass my antitheft system on my 1999 f150 it truns over but wont start theft light is flashing code 13
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 8 years ago.
The theft lamp flashing does not give an accurate diagnostic code. You need to hook up a scan tool and check for codes. More than likely you have a problem withb the PATS key itself. You cannot bypass this system. A locksmith can come to your location and cut and program new keys if needed. This system requires 2 keys to reprogram and make the system work.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how do you reprogram the system after you have 2 keys. i al ready have one key can i just make a copy of that key or do i need to get 2 keys from lock smith
Expert:  HDGENE replied 8 years ago.
The keys have a computer chip in them that send out a signal to the car. They are programmed using a special diagnostic scan tool. Some Walmarts are supposedly reprogramming keys as well as locksmiths, but that is assuming that the key is the problem and not something else(which it is usually the key)A scan tool will tell wht codes are stored,an issue with a key will set a P1260 code.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so do i got to bring my trck to the dealer to get it reprogramed or can a lock smith do it al so
Expert:  HDGENE replied 8 years ago.
Call your local locksmith and see if they have the ability to check and reprogram PATS keys.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i did they do thanks so much for your help if you need to know anything about street bikes drit bikes or 4 wheelers just let me know im the head thec at kawasaki dealership
Expert:  HDGENE replied 8 years ago.
Very cool, just let me know if I can be of more help and be sure to hit accept so I get credit for helpin you and leave some positive feedback!