A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

1999 Lincoln Navigator: fuse box..the 20 amp fuse..Control Module

I have a 1999 Lincoln Navigator that will not start. I checked the fuel inertia switch which is fine. I am seeking to find where the fuse box for the 20 amp fuse for the fuel relay switch and the 5 amp fuse for the Power Control Module. The manual in the vehicle is confusing. How many fuse boxes does this vehicle have?

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

Here are the diagrams for your fuse boxes. One is under the hood and the other one is under your dash. Also check a couple of other things for me. See if your check engine light comes on when turning on the key, not to start, just on. Also under your hood on top of the engine is the fuel pressure schrader valve. It is on the fuel rails for your fuel injectors on your intake manifold. It looks like a tire valve stem. If the cap is still on it, remove the cap and turn the key on and push the needle valve down in the valve and see if you get a spray of fuel.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. Is the fuel pump relay located under the hood or dash? I will not have access to the vehicle until later today.

The fuel pump relay is loctaed under the hood in the engine bay fuse box.

It lis in this diagram.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. Is the fuel pump relay located under the hood or dash? I will not have access to the vehicle until later today. I will be replacing the spark plugs with Motorcraft Platinum plugs and new ignition coils. I checked the fuel inertia switch and it was no activated. I cannot hear the fuel pump humming when I turn on the ignition, not start. The check engine light did display. I searched the All Data website and it was very unclear. Do you have any suggestions as to why it will not start? There is compression from the tailpipe.

It very much be a bad fuel pump. The fuel pump relay is located under the hood in the engine bay fuse box. See this diagram. It is labeled "FUEL PUMP RELAY". Check the fuel schrader valve and see if you get a spray of fuel. Hold off replacing the plugs and coils till you fix the no start problem.

graphic