Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech
17239397

2006 F250: Cranks but wont start, has plenty..changed fuel..fuses

2006 F250 6.0... Cranks but won't start, has plenty of battery, changed fuel filters and oil Sunday, double checked all fuses.. just cranks and as soon as it catches it dies... Help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.

Did the truck run fine until you did service on it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My truck always ran rough until it warms up, then engine has been flashed by ford already. it has 98000 miles on it. when I don't give it enough time to warm up it would blow out a lot of whitish blue smoke... not the smoke coming out when trying to crank is black
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.
Ok so after the truck warms up the white smoke goes away?When did ford reprogram the computer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the smoke goes away... flashed it about 2 years ago and changed the batteries at the same time. I changed out one of the batteries again a month ago
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.

Ok ford has a new reprogram for your problem.They will have to reprogram the pcm,ficm,and tcm.What happens is the injector spools are sticking and the new program will adjust them.If the problem is still there after the reprogram you have bad injectors.You can do a power balance to find which one.

Now for your no start.Check and make sure all filter caps are tight.If they are the injector problem could be it or you have a oil issue not building up enough pressure to start.

Try starting the truck with starting fluid.If if starts run it for awhile then shut it off.If still wont start you have a oil leak.You will have to do a air pressure test on the oil system to find the leak.

Thank you.If this is helpful please accept and leave feedback.Bonus appreciated.If needing more info please ask

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the truck wont start with starting fluid either, all filter caps are tight, no seeable oil leaks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the truck wont start with starting fluid either, all filter caps are tight, no seeable oil leaks, was in ford dealer 5 months ago they said no new engine flashes available and mine was up to date
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the fuseable link off the solenoid on the passenger side of the engine that goes to the batteries was melted as well

Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.

You will not see the oil leaks they are internal.This really sounds like the high oil pressure pump connecter is bad.There is a connector behind the pump and it goes bad the orings in it blow out.This will not allow the oil pressure to build up past 500 psi.You really need to get it to the ford dealership so they can preform the block off test.

Did you replace the melted wire already?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, I replaced the solenoid thinking it was bad
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.
You need to replace the melted part on the wire or the link.That could cause it not to start.when did that happen before or after you preformed services
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the last time I was at the dealer they said my injectors were sticking and to install a block heater to help that. (told it was a bad design on fords part to use the engine oil for lubrication to begin with) now it is warmer and didn't improve. It ran okay on Monday but tuesday it doesn't want to be nice at all.. single parent and cant afford a huge bill from ford

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I didn't notice the melted wire until after the no start problem... I even changed the fuel filters a second time thinking it was that

Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.
Ok the thing with the injectors are oil and fuel.The problem you are having is the injectors are sticking open and letting fuel through.I understand about the bill ive been there.Try spinnig the truck over while holding the pedal to the floor for about 10 seconds.Then shut it off and try to restart again this may clean out the cylinders and maybe start
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, I appreciate your trying to help.. I might have to relegate myself to the dealer "ouch" I have tried to start the truck for 2 hours straight.... I really don't want to burn out my starter as well.... I just have seen online where this seems to be a common problem for 6.0 fords and there are a lot of expensive this to guess at
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 5 years ago.
I understand i hope ive helped you.Thanks for your patience
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience: 10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech