A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

WHERE IS FUEL PUMP RELAY LOCATED ON A 2000 FORD MUSTANG 3.8L V6

HelloCustomer

The fuel pump relay is located in the fuel pump driver module is located in the left rear of the truck. It is not separate and not serviceable. You have to replace the fuel pump driver module to replace the relay.

graphic

What is wrong with your Mustang? You might want to look for the Constant Control Relay Module.CCRM. It also controls your fuel pump. It is mounted on the radiator support next to the coolant resivoir.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

SOMETIMES IT WILL SPINOVER BUT WONT FIRE THE FUEL PUMP NOT COMEING ON.IT RUNS A COUPLE OF DAYS THEN WONT STARTFOR A COUPLE DAYS THEN WILL RUN A FEW MORE DAYS

I would look at the CCRM. It sends power to the fuel pump circuit and also controls your ECU power. They are know to fail. How many miles are on your Mustang?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
HAVE CRAWLED ALL UNDER AND AROUND CAR THERE IS NOTHING ON THE RADIATOR SUPPORT THE CLOSEST PLUG IS THE FAN MOTOR BUT IT IS THE ONLY ELECTRICAL PLUG ANYWHERE AROUND EXCEPT THE HEAD LIGHT PLUGS,WHEN THE CAR QUITS I HAVE GOT IT STARTED BY HOLDING SHIFTER FORWARD ,THE NEXT TIME I ADJUSTED THE NEUTRAL SWUTCH,THE NEXT TIME I FOUND A CORRODED FUSE FOR THE FUEL PUMP CLEANED IT PUT NEW FUSE CAR STARTED SEVERAL TIMES,1 HOUR LATER IT WOULDNT START,RECHECKED THE FUSE BOX AND CAR RESTARTED,PARTS HOUSE SOLD ME A 2IN BY 2IN RELAY BECAUSE WHEN THE CAR JUST SPINS IM GETTING PLENTY OF FIRE BUT FUEL PUMP NOT COMEING ON,THE KNOCK OFF SWITCH IS WORKING RIGHT I HAVE POWER TO IT
If your getting power to the inertia switch and the fuel pump doesn't run, the fuel pump is the bad component. But the CCRM is located under the cover on the passenger side top of the radiator support,. Next to the radiator. It is a black box 6" by 4" rectangle.