A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

2000 f150: blower works just no heat all the vents..heater core

Customer Question

i have a 2000 f150 ford heater does not work the blower works just no heat all the vents open truck does not have a heater valve for summer and winter heater core not blocked no heat
Category: Ford
Expert:  robert baker replied 5 years ago.
Check the heater core and check the coolent level if its low and you find a leak in the heater core thats most likely your problem,if not it could be Ford screwed up in buinding the blend door too big for the hole causing it to stick to the housing and the second is that the computer that controlles this system is bad . if you have other questions please ask if not please accept pay and feedback thank you god bless
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i really dont feel it the core it does not leak . i blew air through one of the hoses and water came out the other end so i dont think it is clogged how do u check the computer part the flaps do open it use to work
Did you check your anti freeze level .The problem could also be a quick connect inlet and outlet tubes on the left side of the firewall which heat the heatercore make sure that are connected properly by disconnecting them and checking for flow. Check these 2 things first and if they do not work i will inform you how to check the computer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

tubes are good anti freeze good there is slite warmth but not much i have checked the flaps but they seem to open i really dont know how many there are

Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 years ago.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
-Do you get cold air when the AC is on?

-When you turn on defrost or heat, do you only get cold air?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes when the air is on i get cold air. yes when i turn the defost it only blows cool air

It sounds like you electric blend door motor is broken and stuck in the cold position. The blend door actuator is located on the bottom center of your dash. If you have a full floor console, it will have to be removed. If you don't, there is a small black trim panel that cover it.

graphic

After you remove the panel, there are 2 metal black brackets that need to be removed and then remove the Air Bag Restraint Control Module.

graphic

It has 2 10mm nuts that hold it down. Ahter your remove the Air Bag Module. You can remove the blend door actuator.

graphic

It has 3 8mm or 7mm bolt that hold it.It is mounted upside down and it should be white in color. Replace the actuator and you should have heat again.

Experience: ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance