Fordanswerman
Fordanswerman, Ford Motor Company Certified Tech
Experience:  Ford Engine Master/Transmission Master/Chassis Master=Ford Senior Master also Diesel 7.3/6.0
577462

2004 f 250: 6.0 diesel..Alarm P2285 indicates that a Icp sensor

2004 f 250 6.0 diesel , Alarm P2285 indicates that a Icp sensor is reading low , where is it located on the engine? and how hard is it to get to?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fordanswerman replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

To answer your question, the ICP is located at the back of the engine under the turbo and is somewhat hard to get to. Snap On makes a great socket to get this off. You want to make sure the engine is cool. I usually go up from the bottom and some come from the top. I have long arms so I go from the bottom. Also, if there is oil in the connector, you want to use a electrical contact cleaner to get all of the oil out of the connector. Make sure you put all the shields back.

Thanks

graphic

graphic