Sam, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Technician
16426290

2004 Ford expedition: The drivers side power seat..backwards

Customer Question

The drivers side power seat on my 2004 Ford expedition will not move forward or backwards. It will move in all other directions. It has done this before but has always corrected itself. You can hear the motor clicking and trying to move, but it is like it's jamed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Sam replied 8 years ago.
Hello, hopefully I am able to help you out and you will "ACCEPT"! It sounds like the cable has sheared from the motor to the sliding tracks. My advice is to remove the covers at the 4 ends of the seat and remove the holdown bolts for the seat. With nothing else disconnected block the back of the seat up so that you can watch the operations of mmoving the seat forward's or backward's. More than likely you will see that the cable has broke or that something may be jammed in the track as I've seen a pen do that before! If the cable is broken and the cable is not serviveable on its own, you 'll have to opt to getting another power seat track, hopefully from your nearest junkyard! Please let me know if I have been of any help to you and a positive feedback is always appreciated! THANKS!!