Sam, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Technician

2000 ford taurus: 3.0 dtc code

2000 ford tarus 3.0 dtc code p1405 what is it and where is it located Thanks Donnie

Hello Donnie! Please meet Sam! Hopefully, I am able to help you out and you will "ACCEPT"! .....P1405 is that the differential pressure feedback sensor, upstream hose is off or plugged. This sensor porovides vacuum to the EGR valve, (exhaust gas recirculation). It is bolted to the top of the plenum w/ two small bolts to either side of it. It is rectangular looking in shape and measures like 4 inches wide and 2 inches tall. It will either be aluminum looking in color or black plastic. Running to this DPFE sensor you will see 2 rubber hoses coming from an exhaust manifold to the DPFE sensor. The 2 hoses are different in diameter and the larger of the two is your upstream hose. Even though the code says that the hose is clogged or off, I have found out from experience that it's best to change the DPFE sensor, especially when you find out that there is nothing wrong with the hoses! I might add that you CANNOT just use ordinary rubber, nylon or plastic hoses either - these are special heat retardant hoses! Please let me know if I were of any help to you! THANKS!