John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience

99 crown vic fuel pump replacement how big of a project any

99 crown vic fuel pump replacement how big of a project any special tools needed
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Hello, I am John, a Ford dealer technician.

I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accruately.

This is one of the easiest ford fuel pumps to replace. The only special tool you will need is a fuel line quick disconnect tool. You can pick these up at a local parts store. To remove the pump you need to jack up the car and place jackstands on the frame, not the rear end. You need to do this due to clearance issues. Now use the disconnect tool and take the line loose. Next Disconnect the electrical connector. Take the red pin retainer out of the connector on the fuel pump side. Now there are three wires that go to a sensor on top of the tank. Use a small pick to push the lock and pull out the pins. Make sure to note which wire goes where so you can put them back. Now take out the 8mm bolts that hold on the pump and take it out. Its that easy!

I hope this answer has been helpful to you! If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

If this answer has been helpful please accept so I can recieve payment.

Thank you,

JustAnswer Expert