Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.

2001 Ford Taurus: fuel pressure regulator..fuel rail..the fuel line

I found out that my 2001 Ford Taurus needs a new fuel pressure regulator. My only issues is that the Ford dealership and even the Ford company is saying its on the fuel rail as the fuel line connects to the fuel rail. Its not there, there is nothing but a connection there.

Hello and welcome to

Your vehicle uses a fuel rail pressure transducer as the regulator which is located on the end of the rail.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That is where I was told thing there is a hose with a connector. Nothing else there at all.
Which engine is in your Taurus? DOHC or OHV? Do you know why they said the regulator was bad?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The check engine light is on they did it over the comp that is the code that came up. Now what its doing to me, is that if its sitting a while say like over night and you go to start it in the am. It has a hard prob starting. It will act like the battery is dead but then after 30 secs will start up. Now if I drive it its fine like nothing is wrong at all. If I go to the store and leave it there say like an hour it starts right up like nothing is wrong. Right off hand no I dont know what the engine is. My husband does and he will be home soon so Ill let you know then.

If you have a problem with the vehicle not even cranking then this regulator will not fix that problem. It may be the cause of the check engine light. Look at the illustrations and then at your vehicle again. Let me know when you can.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My husband looked and also took it to the ford dealership its not there where you said. The engine is a 3.0 V6 FFD.

So it's the flex fuel engine? If you have the code number that will help me.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. I dont have the codes as to what came across the comp. I took it to the dealership to get it checked.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We have found out there is not one on that car. The computer controls all of that. So we are getting it redone and checked over again. THANKS!
No problem. Let me know how you make out and if you need more help on this.