Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Mustang: I keep getting engine failsafe 2005 V6..dealership

Customer Question

I keep getting engine Failsafe Mode with my 2005 V6 Mustang?? THe dealership doesn't know why... Any answers?? Thanks!
Category: Ford
Expert:  davehop replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JA, the engine failsafe mode is an operating strategy used by the pcm to provide the ability to drive the vehicle when there are problems, or perceived problems, that the pcm is seeing. These can be overheating, loss of idle or acceleration control, etc. If the dealer says they cannot find out what is wrong with it, they are probably not the dealer you should be trusting your repairs to. There are certain things that you can look for that may help them in diagnosing the concern, like how often the light comes on, what conditions the car is in, heavy traffic, running hot, loss of power. But they should be able to look a little deeper for you, although I don't know what they told you, I would want to know what they said.