Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist

Ford F-150: Lariat..The overdrive button on the central console

I have a Ford F-150 2006 Lariat. The overdrive button on the central console appears stuck, and the light on the dash is lit, indicating that O/D is off. I have never used the button before, and only pushed it in experiment. Is there a way to release it, or is it likely to need a new button-switch?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The button should cycle the light off when pushed again.If it feels stuck like it has no movement when pushed then most likely it is stuck down; if you can't get it to free up then it will need to be replaced.You can try heating it (not too much) with a hair dryer. If it stuck because of a liquid residue this will help soften it and maybe it will free up.

You can also try to lightly pry on the edge of it with a dental pick to try to free it up.