Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.
Experience:  30 years with Ford dealers

2003 Expedition: It adjusts sideways fine

ON 2003 Expedition the left mirror does not move up and down. It adjusts sideways ok. The right mirror works fine horizontally and vertically. This truck has the heated mirrors with yellow turn signal lens on bottom of mirror housing, and it does have the 1-2 memory function also. This is a truck I'm considering buying, so do not have access to it now. I'm curious how difficult will be to fix, i.e. can I access the mirror drive system from outside the truck or do I need to remove the interior door panel, is the motor replaceable or will I need to replace the entire turn signal, etc. Thanks!!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scottdagoalie replied 7 years ago.
The problem may be the switch,mirror motor ,or wiring. The Drivers seat module controls mirror function from inputs by the switch. The mirror motor and switch can be serviced without removing door panel. The ideal approach to testing this system for a fault would be to run a self test of the driver door module for a fault code in memory. Hope this helps.

2003 Expedition/Navigator Workshop Manual

1. Remove the exterior mirror control switch.
    1. Depress the locking tabs.