davehop, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully certified in all phases of automotive repair as recognized and certified by Ford Motor Company

Crown Victoria: the Auto AC Climate control Head..replaced one

Is there any way to repair the Auto AC Climate control Head for the Crown Victoria. I replaced one 3 years ago (in dash) and it cost 800.00. Have not been able to locate used or aftermarket. Now this one seems to be going out. The ine I have is on a 2002 CV but it is the same as the 2003. Could be also for newer years - don't know. Everyone I know (with CV) has replaced at least 1 of these
Hello and welcome back to JA, unfortunately there is no repair for the temp control assm, however youy could go to a salvage yard and see about getting one from a wrecked unit, that may cost 1/4 of the price of a new one.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there any way I could replace the Auto Air Control unit with a drop in Manual unit?
no the system is designed with the electronic control harness in the dash, so unless you want to replace that as well, it is best to stick with what you have.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I owe you more money or are we square with all this? Sometimes I get confused as to whether or not I have to pay for just the one question or all the questions in the reply also. Not intending to shortchange anyone.
no you accepted and we are clear, unless you want to give me a bonus, but that is up to you, please leave feedback if you have not already, and thanks for once again using JA!