Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
8633277

What is the firing order for a 2003 ford ranger 3.0 -flexfuel

what is the firing order for a 2003 ford ranger 3.0 -flexfuel
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer here is the firing order for the 03 Ranger w/flexfuel, hope this helps you out. Thank you.

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is my point of reference for this picture?
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Here is another diagram basically it would be the view standing at the front of your vehicle looking at the engine.

graphic

Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 16 years experience Ford,Nissan and Honda dealership in all areas
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i tried it and it did not work, still miss firing. 2003 ford ranger edge v-6 3.0 flex fuel. i did not mention it is an edge before.
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it was earlier in the week, but was coded and had to do with a sensor near the mass airflow sensor. i drove the car for about a week untill today when i tried to switch cables.
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

What code was retrieved?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
unfortunately i dont recall exactly. i think one near 520 and one near 1200. but it was related to a problem that occured when the air intake filter box was left open<unlatched> in heavy dust conditions.
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

You may have a dirty Mass Airflow Sensor which can cause a misfire as well and I would recommend cleaning with either brake cleaner or specifically designed Mass Air Flow spray cleaner.

Shawn, Auto Service Technician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it wasn't misfiring before i put the new spark plug wires on. it was running fine all week, since the code check.
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Double check the the plug wire connections making sure they click and you may have to pull the plugs again to make sure they are gapped properly. The gap is .044

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the plugs are gapped properly and were installed a month ago. with another diagram i got i was able to keep it running. i also cleaned out the airflow sensors. do i need to let it run for a while to even it out, after misfiring it multiple times? it runs now but is slightly rough. vibrating. idle controler?
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

If haven't done so already I would recommend taking off the IAC(Idle Air Control) and clean it out with some brake cleaner solvent spray and remove the carbon build up which could also cause the rough idle.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where is the idle air control valve?
Expert:  Shawn replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

The IAC is located on the right front of the engine standing in front of the truck.

graphic